Let’s just say it, fundraising is hard. We are not going to sit here and tell you anything different. But we can offer some helpful hints on how to make it a bit easier and a lot more profitable. We are talking about incentives!
Incentivize your fundraisers! Take some time to think about who your fundraisers are, what they like, and what it would take to make them excited to fundraise.
Tips for fundraising and using incentives
- Work with the fundraising company and ask them to for ideas. The Motivdeals team loves to help!
- Instead of putting a prize at a mile marker (i.e. sell 10 and get “X”), incentivize with participation then mile markers. (i.e. if the entire team participates, the entire team gets a pizza party) This creates positive peer pressure.
- Make sure your coaches/teachers/leaders are on board! Nothing kills a fundraiser more than unmotivated leaders.
- Publically announce fundraisers who are accomplishing their goals. Again, positive peer pressure.
- Incentives don’t always have to have a cash value. Think creatively on what your fundraisers want to do/see. (i.e. coaches dyeing their hair or doing crazy things)
Milton High School track and field just started their fundraiser with us and are using incentives to motivate their kids!
Let us know if we can help you with your fundraising needs! Motivdeals is the digital version of those plastic fundraising cards. Find out more HERE.